Saturday, January 19, 2013

Still Ovo-Lacto Feelings

Last night I had a minor emotional breakdown over something stupid. How stupid? I was leaving a play with my family (side note: I'm only moderately biased as my brother was the lighting designer, but A Crucible was awesome) from a theater that is roughly midway between two subway stops. I suggested one, my brother suggested the other, and as is normally the case in my family, everyone listened to him instead of me.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with my diet. It has more to do with the fact that I'm the baby of the family and still seen as literally such.

But maybe my brain doesn't react as well to things because it's not being nourished properly? Perhaps if I were eating a little better the already-royally-screwed up chemicals in my brain (depression, yay!) wouldn't betray me so frequently.

So I'm going to try and be more keenly aware of my mood in addition to my physical health during this experiment.

Yesterday: seemingly fine. Good dinner and good play. I thought I was happy for the evening, then one misstep sent me over the edge. I kept fighting tears back, despite the fact that I am nowhere near shark week. Physically alright, though the cold makes my knees ache.

Today: headache. Possibly from getting upset. Could also be from last night's dessert and/or beer. Emotionally better.

I'm also considering taking a ginkgo supplement to help with my focus and concentration. I have a pretty hard time paying attention to my readings for school, and I'm going to have even more this semester than last, it seems. So maybe it's something I should try. I considered taking something for energy, too, but I'm hoping the change in diet helps with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment