Monday, January 21, 2013

Not fat-shamey vegan resources?

I am assuming that somewhere on the vast stretches of the Internet there exist some fat-positive vegan resources. I am aware of the F-Yeah Fat Vegans blog, which has some excellent recipes, but I'm always on the lookout for more.

The unfortunate truth is that there is a lot of fat-shaming in pro-veganism spaces. I've been struck by it even in just the days since I decided to do my experiment. PETA (who I dislike for many reasons in addition to this) had their "save the whales" ad campaign a while back, conflating a meatless diet with weight loss (and conflating fat with being unhealthy/unattractive).

So I'm looking for positive things. Recipes that don't talk about weight loss, blogs that don't focus on thinness, guides that don't talk about "obesity" as something to be avoided at all costs. I just want to know about the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment