Friday, February 15, 2013

Two Weeks In

So, yesterday marked the halfway point of my month-long experimentation with veganism. So far? Excellent.

Only one person has been obnoxious, and that was on Tumblr, so I just unfollowed and moved on.

No known slip-ups. If I’ve accidentally eaten anything with animal products in them, I am unaware of it. But I’ve been pretty vigilant about checking labels.
Biggest difficulty? Lunch while I’m at work. I get up at 6 and have to be out the door in 45 minutes, so unless I have the foresight to pack something the night before (that’s iffy) I often rely on the little cafe in the library. If I don’t get there early enough to get the vegetable sushi, I usually eat hummus and pretzels. I know it doesn’t sound filling, but I’m usually pretty satisfied with a small meal.

Overall, though, I feel really good. Physically, mentally, ethically (does that fall under mentally?), all of it.

I haven’t completely come to a conclusion about what I’m going to do when the month is up. I have a feeling I’ll continue to eat vegan most of the time while occasionally allowing for indulgences or when vegan food isn’t available. Which means I won’t call myself a vegan, because that would be demeaning to people who do it 100% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment